Monday, August 25, 2008

Back to school

It's finally here. Back to school day. Wow, that's hard to believe! The summer went way too fast, but in some regards, it never does seem long enough, does it?

H is going into fourth grade! OMG....that means I am old now, doesn't it?! Don't you have to be kinda old to have a kid in fourth grade? ::sigh:: I am not sure I like that feeling very much.

It's funny how age has a way of sneaking up on you. On one hand you still feel like you did when you are dating your husband or just married, but yet....so much time has passed, so many things have happened and so you are not the same. Sometimes I'll catch a glimpse of myself in a mirror or the reflection of a store window as I pass by and I don't recognize myself. When did that happen? Lately, sometimes I notice the tiny lines around my eyes and the paranthesis in the middle of my forehead. Do I really frown so much that I caused that? Or maybe I am in a perpetual state of looking confused or consterned or something? I don't know. I just know I don't really like it.

So anyway, I am rambling here. Back to the topic at hand. Back to school. Well, this year I decided to step up to the plate and volunteer to be a room mother. Well, ahem...let me clarify, my intention was to be one of two or MORE room mothers. Of course what happens? I get an email this morning with the list of this year's room mothers and naturally I am the only one for my daughter's class. Oh sure....just perfect! I just needed one more obligation and head ache and worry. One more thing to have to shoulder on my own. Oh well...I guess I'll just try to make the best of it, but I hope I can get a lot of support from the other parents in the class. Maybe I am making it out to be worse than it is? Maybe it won't be so bad? Well, here's to hoping anyway.....

No comments: